Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Frosty the snowman....in Valladolid!

Just a little note: It snowed today for about 2 hours in Valladolid!!!

I was with some of my 1ESO students, who were practicing their plays in the auditorium, when we walked outside into the school's courtyard and it was snowing!!! I couldn't believe it. I mean only once in a blue moon does it snow in Valldolid; it normally doesn't get cold enough to snow. Apparently, today being at -4C, it was cold enough to snow! If you couldn't tell by all my exclamation marks, this little bit of winter made my day. It snowed more in La Victoria, the neighborhood where my school is in, than in the city center and the snow stuck to the ground for a little while.

When we walked into the snow, the students were so excited (as was I, of course) that they started twirling around and trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues. I had my camera with me, so I ended up taking pictures of them. They turned out pretty great. I won't be putting pictures up of the students, since they are so young, but I'll share them with everyone when I see you, if you're interested.

Here are some pictures I took of the area around the school.
Snow covering the leaves.
More snow!
Me by the school. You can see some snowflakes on the top of my hair!

Yeah for snow!
Celeste

3 comments:

Mom said...

What fun! A white pre-Christmas in Valladolid!

Anonymous said...

Nice story & photos.
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

It's so cool you got some snow while you were still there (but not enough to be miserable!)
-Lizzy