Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tapas around the world

This is a little late, but....

Last week we had two exchange groups come to the high school, Emilio Ferrari, where I work. One group was from Holland (Jesus, the teacher I met last year, and a Dutch teacher, Peter, came along with the students) and the other group was from Devon, England. The students had several activities that they participated in, depending on their grade level. The last night that everyone was in Valladolid, all the teachers from the bilingual program as well as the exchange teachers went out for tapas. Let me tell you, the teachers I work with can get a little crazy especially once they have a little wine in them. :)

Anyways, it was a lot of fun. I got to know the English teachers better and it was fun to go out with my co-workers. Here are some pictures from the night....nothing crazy, but just so you can get an idea of our multicultural group.
L-R: Peter (Dutch), Jesus (Spaniard), Emma (English) and Jill (English)
One of the Tapa bars we went to. Notice the ham thighs hanging in the background. That's where jamon serrano comes from....my favorite!
Teresa (the coordinator of the bilingual program), Jesus (lives in Holland, but is a Spaniard) and Alicia.
Me, Jill, Alicia, Teresa and Peter....this place had amazing sangria. :)

Besos, Celeste

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Devon, England! How fun! I stayed near Devon on a little break while I was studying abroad. Their cows, (red Devon cows) are huge!