Monday, March 15, 2010

Real Madrid #1 in the Spanish League!!!

On Sunday night, March 14th, after my visit around the villages of Valladolid, I came back to the piso to get ready to leave at 8pm, with the two Wisconsin girls that are living with us, to go watch the Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid football game. We actually had decent seats. We bought the cheapest tickets because they were really expensive and we somehow got the 4th row which was great, but behind one of the goal posts (not directly behind it, more like between the goal and the corner of the field). Still, we saw the players up close and the game was so much fun.

Can you guess who won? REAL MADRID!!!!! 4-1 which keeps them in the number 1 spot in the Spanish League. Take that Barcelona! Enjoy the pictures and I'm sorry that they are a little blurry, but it is hard to take pictures when the players are moving around so much. :D

Van der Vaart getting ready for his corner kick. Yes, we were really this close to them!
Xavi Alonso #22 (former player for Liverpool) and Cristiano Ronaldo #9
Guti #14
Ronaldo making a spectacular kick. No, I'm NOT a fan of his, but I won't deny he's a great player.
Madrid celebrating the first goal made by Ronaldo.
Ronaldo after being kicked in the shin...the bottom of the cleat broke through the shin guard and cut his leg.
Me and Katie during the break.
Casillas' ritual every time he enters his goal box. He kisses his fingers and then taps the top of the goal.
Raul #7, he's my favorite all time Spanish player. He is what every sport player should be like: charismatic, keeps his cool, team player, and a great leader/captain. I don't think he has many years left playing, but he'll always be the best to me.
Sergio Ramos #4 has a special place with me. He started in 2005 when I started becoming a fan of Madrid and my first time in Spain. Great player and gets better every year!
Let me introduce you to my future husband....Iker Casillas.
Katie, Emily and me in the entryway of the piso, before the game.
This is during the second half.
Me with the stadium and football pitch behind me.
Playing Spain's national anthem before the game. Valladolid is in the purple/white stripes and Madrid in blue.

Love and Kisses, Celeste <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you enjoy soccer more than American football? Both are fun!
Love, Grandpa

Celeste said...

Yes, I do prefer soccer. I actually don't like American football, I've never enjoyed it. To each's own, right?