Sunday, October 26, 2008

I smell something fishy...

Reflecting back on my trip to Valladolid, I realized that I forgot to mention a major event during that trip. So for the last "comida" (lunch) that I had there, Edita made Paella and homemade ice cream...yum! But she also made us small appetizers before the main meal. As I saw Edita put each plate on the table, I realized that it was all fish. She had made each appetizer plate look beautiful and I wish I had taken a picture of it.

On the table there were: oysters, smoked salmon on small pieces of toasted bread, squid, clams and fried calamari. As all of you know, I don't like fish. Well Sarah (one of the new girls) doesn't like fish either so we were the only two sitting there drinking our water and not eating. Kaeyln asked me if I was going to eat and I told her that I didn't like fish (now Edita and Julio were not offended because they already know that I don't eat fish). Well, Kaelyn kept telling me to try the salmon because it didn't taste or smell fishy and blah blah blah.

Eventually I got up the courage to try the smoked salmon on the bread and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I liked it enough that I had 4 of them!!! Because I decided I like the smoked salmon I decided to try the fried calamari. I made sure to put enough lemon juice on it and when I tried it I liked it too! I couldn't believe that I found some seafood that I actually enjoyed. After trying these to plates I DID NOT go as far as trying the oysters...I think that I had enough of a fish adventure for one day...hehe.
Besos, Celeste

4 comments:

Katie said...

Celeste! When I saw your Valladolid pictures I almost cried! You are so lucky you are there! I cant wait to go back! I hope all is well and that you are having a great time. Keep posting pictures!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I am SO glad you tried the fish. I TOLD you it wasn't all bad. Next you can try mushrooms and all that other stuff you thought was gross that I made. :)
-Lizzy

Anonymous said...

I knew you would like seafood Celeste if it is properly prepared. Spain has great sea food. Your Blog site is interesting & very well done!
Love, Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Celeste tienes que tratar mis mariscos, estoy celoso que no fueron los mios los primeros,
no importa te quiero de todas manera.

Dad