Monday, December 27, 2010

A Very Spanish Christmas Celebration

Although I have missed celebrating my favorite holiday with all of you, I thought of all of you. My Christmas Eve was so much fun and I had a nice Christmas Day as well. Christmas Eve I was invited by my friend Jackeline to have dinner at her house with her brother, his wife and her. (Christmas Eve is a bigger celebration than Christmas Day). We had a large variety of Spanish dishes which were really good. Then on Christmas Day the girls and I had roast chicken, a side potato dish and chocolate chip cookies. We spent most of the day watching our favorite Christmas movies. It was a lot of fun. :)
A small, but lovely Christmas tree.
Jackeline's family: Fredy, Melissa, Jackeline, me, Javier and Jackeline's mom.

After a delicious dinner....Jackeline and Fredy.

Jackeline and Fredy dancing salsa.

Our Christmas Eve dinner: gambas, morcilla frita, tostadas con pate, cochinillo, bacalao, jamos serrano, queso manchego, Ribera de Duero wine, champagne, sweet white wine, turron and a chocolate cake.
Cheers.....yes, some enjoyed their champagne with caviar.

Christmas Day: Jeri with our delicious roast chicken!Emily carving the chicken....you can somewhat see the potatoes next to her.Jackeline and I at the Black Pearl celebrating the last few minutes of Christmas. :)

No comments: