Friday, April 6, 2012

New Year's Eve

I know I've been MIA from my blog for so long. This post is long overdue, but I still want to share with all of you how I celebrated my New Year's Eve.

Javi and I flew to Berlin to meet another couple, who are friends of Javi's. We spent 4 not very cold days in Berlin. We had a lot of fun and saw most of the city. On New Year's Eve the four of us had a nice dinner out at a traditional German restaurant and then headed to the New Year's Eve party on Strasse des 17 Juni. It was a lot of fun; there were two large stages at either end of the street and between the stages there were booths selling different types of beer, food, souvenirs and even djs. The rest of them time we spent walking around the city taking in the sights and enjoying the food. :) Enjoy the pictures.
Javi and me in front of the famous Brandenburg Gate. We weren't the only tourists.
The main stage for NYE party on Strasse des 17 Juni
Javi and me on Strasse des 17 Juni (behind Brandenburg Gate), where New Year's Eve was celebrated. The greeting: Ich liebe das leben-I love life
Strasse des 17 Juni
Jewish Memorial-I'd never seen anything like this, but it was really cool. There are rows and rows of these cement blocks ranging in different sizes.
This should give you an idea of how large the cement blocks are.
The Parliament next to Tiergarten
Javi & me in front of the Parliament.
Bell tower in Tiergarten
The Public's Museum in Tiergarten
The old Jewish quarter
Radio/Tv needle
Statue dedicated to the greatest composers in Tiergarten.

Daniel and Javi in Tiergarten
Tiergarten statues
One of the University buildings
Museum Island
Statue from the Museum of German History- This museum is one of the best I have ever visited. It was organized very well and was creative.
The cathedral- The four of us went inside to look around and were surprised that there was a protestant service going on at the time. We stayed for a few minutes and then left. The inside was absolutely beautiful.
The two of us in front of the cathedral.
The Christmas markets
Checkpoint Charlie
Javi and I all dressed up for New Year's Eve.
Enjoying a nice NYE dinner. Javi, me, Esther and DanielJavi and I in the new year.
Bringing in the new year. :)
On our last day we had a special treat and went to Starbucks. :)
I hope you are all well.
Besos, Celeste

P.S. Greece post coming soon!

No comments: