Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mallorca.....A German Colony.

Palma de Mallorca....land of the Germans. I was warned before going that the only tourists in Mallorca are Germans, but I didn't take this comment seriously. Well, when I arrived I got a rude awakening. Everyone there was German and everything written and spoken there was in German!!! It was quite humorous. I had a good time though. The beach was gorgeous and I had decent weather during my stay there. The weather was not warm enough to be walking around without a thin jacket, but warm enough to sit and enjoy the beach. I stayed on the beach S'Arenal which is in the south of Mallorca and only a 25 minute bus ride to the city Palma. So much relaxation was done during this trip and Jackeline and I celebrated New Year's Eve in the city center, which was fabulous!!! Enjoy the beautiful view of the beach!
The first night we were there.
View of the promenade and main street on S'Arenal beach.
This makes me miss the beaches in Cali!!! <3 Some man, who I believe to be homeless, made this sand sculpture and left kind messages to passerbys on the beach. He was extremely kind.
On Jackeline's and my last night in Mallorca, there was a beautiful rainbow that showed up across the sky.
Palma, the main city in Mallorca. A beautiful walkway in the gardens below the cathedral.

The cathedral in Palma from a distance.

One of the main promenades in Palma. All decorated for the holidays.

Love, love, love this architecture.
It's hard to see them, but there are 2 swans behind me somewhere!
Locked behind bars!!!!

Silly Jackeline.
Love is in the air.

I blame the sun for making us look so goofy!
This building reminded me so much of something that Gaudi would have built. :)
Hahahaha.....

Plaza Espana en Palma
Palma's Cathedral

Only bread and water for lunch....well, not really.

No, we did not take a carriage ride, but the driver was kind enough to let us take a picture in it.

New Year's Eve in the town square in Palma. Jackeline and I had a blast!
This little girl was having so much fun with her confetti.
Around 1.30 on the bus trying to get back to Arenal.




Having lunch at a restaurant across from the beach.
Beach umbrellas
Our first night we were extremely cold in our hostel room, but the owner was kind enough to bring us extra blankets and a radiator!
Everything's coming up German.
Church in Arenal.
I had so much fun watching these boys play football on the beach. The sunset was just gorgeous this night.



View of the hotels on the Arenal promenade.
Lots of Love!

No comments: