Saturday, May 9, 2009

Some exciting news!

I realized recently that I hadn't told everyone about my plans for the upcoming school year (you know with my teaching credential and all) until I spilled the beans about it last Thursday. So here it is. Last march I applied through the Spanish Embassy for a job as a teaching assistant in an English classroom in Spain. So I applied and with this job position I don't get to choose the city or the age level that I want to teach, but I was able to pick a first, second and third choice for which region in Spain I want to be placed. My first choice was Castilla-Leon because that is where I went to study my first time in Spain (the capital is Valladolid) and since I know the region well and thought maybe I could go to Valladolid again, I picked it. So I have been waiting for two months now to hear back from the embassy and finally received the news last Thursday....I've been accepted AND they placed me in Castilla-Leon! I was happy to hear this. I won't find out what city I will be placed in or what grade level (although I requested elementary school) until sometime in June. Soooo....it looks like I'm going back to Spain in Sept/Oct and will be there until May/June of 2010. Thank you for those of you who truly supported me in this decision!

Love you all,
Celeste

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Celeste!! Yay!!! I´m so happy for you. I know how much you wanted this. Now we must definitely catch up this summer since you´ll be leaving again!
love,
katalina

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Celeste. I hope you won't forget English with all your time in Spain.

Love,
Grandpa