Saturday, January 31, 2009

York, Liverpool and London

Hi everyone!

Well, I've decided that I'm going to only put pictures up because I have to post sooo many blogs, it will be easier for me like this. I will add captions and stuff so you know what the pictures are about. Miss all of you sooo much! Besos!

The beautiful York Minster, I really love this church -it is magnificent. In York, we saw evensong our only night in the city.
Inside York Minster.
The choir chairs in York Minster.
We went on a Ghost Hunt while in York and it was actually fun; we were told a few ghost stories. The picture is of our tour guide, who was hilarious!
A beautiful sunset in Liverpool, home of the Beatles and now Fernando Torres....I hope to return here!
The inside of the Cavern pub. This is where the Beatles played from 1960-1962 before they became famous and before Ringo Starr. I loved being in Liverpool to learn ALL about the Beatles history.
Me in the museum...I Love the Beatles!
There was a quote board in the museum with various quotes said by the Beatles and this one caught my eye.
Outside the Beatles Story Museum.
Me with a statue of John Lennon outside of the Cavern.
Ringo's first home!
Strawberry Fields...the inspiration for the song.
In front of our tour bus... The Magical Mystery Tour.
Mario and I in front of Penny Lane, a nice park behind us.
John Lennon's home where he grew up.
Here we are in front of Buckingham Palace...magnificent.
Mario and I crossing Abbey Road. It was difficult getting a good picture; it was difficult trying NOT to get hit by a car.
With my mama with the Tower bridge behind us. We went to the top to take a picture of the city and Thames river.
The Tower with Big Ben (it's the bell inside) and the Parliament building, while the sun sets.
A memorial for those nobles who were beheaded at The Tower of London (including Anne Bolyen).
This is where Anne Bolyen stayed before her beheading.
The white tower where we learned more history about the Tower of London and the Nobles that lived here, King Henry the 8th being the last.
The entrance to the Tower of London.
Tribute to Harry Potter....the ultimate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked Yorkminster, too. Absolutely beautiful. I'm glad you share my opinion. :)
Platform 9 3/4! Did you try to run through it? I hope not. Results can be devastating.
I miss you, Celeste! I wish you could come back to SLO and live with us again!
-Lizzy

Recipe Tom said...

Good bloog post