Sunday, December 21, 2008

Adios Santander!

My last week in Santander was very sad, but I had a wonderful last week. I passed all my exams and classes with "sobresaliente" which is the highest "grade" you can get in Spain. I was very happy about it. I took a lot of pictures with professors, friends and of my university. I don't want to bore you with all the details, but it was truly a sad to leave Santander and my friends. Here are some pictures from my last week.

Clase de Gramatica. Top: Josefin (sweden), Shannon, Corie, Emily, Michelle and Hayley, Bottom: Naomi, Marta (professor) and I.

Megan and Emily....my buddies...in the gardens of Piquio in front of my piso.

Megan and I in the computer lab...Jairo decided to sneak in to our picture...hehe

My two favorite professors. Gema-Culture and Marta-grammar

Me, Hayley, Emily, Megan and Shannon.

Carmen, me and Mayte. I miss Carmen very much.

A beautiful view of Santander's bay

Me and my senora Tete (her real name is Adela).


Having one last night out with the group. Top: Spencer, Emily, Corie, Ralph, Shannon, Bottom: Michelle and I

Very, very lovely girls: I'm with Josefin and Hayley.

The richer part of Santander...el Paseo de Pereda. Pereda was a famous "realist" writer from Santander.

You can't really see, but Emily, Megan and I are standing on the bench below the UIMP sign.

Los Raqueros.

Me on a cliff in front of the beach of Liencres.

On our second to last day in Santander, my Santander friends (Pilar, Andrea and David) took Emily and I to Liencres which is a small, but beautiful beach town 15 minutes away from Santander. We had lunch together and then walked around the beach for awhile. One hilarious thing happened to me while we were there. It had rained earlier in the day, but everything was still very wet. We decided to walk up to a cliff, but on our walk the ground was very muddy and Emily kept saying she was going to fall because it was very slippery. Everything was fine until our walk down the hill and I slipped and ....splat! I fell into the mud! My whole left side was muddy, but thankfully my face and hair didn't get muddy. The only thing that was a bummer was that I was leaving the next day so I was afraid I wasn't going to get my clothes dried in time before I left if I washed them, but everything worked out...hehe....I still can't believe that happened. Emily has a great picture of me, I might post it if she sends it to me soon.

The beautiful beach of Liencres

My Santander buddies: Me, Andrea, David, Pilar and Emily!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Celeste,
Congratulations on doing so well in your classes! It's wonderful that you were able to obtain such good grades and experience all that you have in Europe! The friendships you've made and experiences you've had during the last few months will be memories you'll cherish forever!
Love,
Grandmom